High frequency drives that push boundaries
A Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) controls the speed of an electric motor by varying the frequency and voltage supplied to it. TPS’ VFD’s are suitable for motors ranging from 15kW to 1MW and higher.
This direct drive technology, without the need for gearboxes, results in a high system efficiency thereby minimising energy consumption and through life costs. Component count is minimised which maximises reliability also reducing costs. VFD’s can be implemented in direct drive high speed motors for a variety of applications such as; Non-cryogenic Air Separation, hermetically-sealed HVAC refrigerant compressors, hermetically-sealed laser cooling gas blowers and many more.
Key product features:
- Multiple variants to cover a wide application spectrum
- Suitable for motor power ranges from 15kW to 1MW and higher / Torque up to 950Nm
- Typical Speed ranging from 10,000 rpm to 70,000 rpm
- Voltage and current source solutions
- Multi-phase solutions for very low torque ripple and low power supply THD
- Highly efficient
- Advanced software vector control systems for speed or torque control
- Advanced diagnostic systems with a range of communication protocols
- Direct coupling to centrifugal compressor [single or double ended], oil-free magnetic bearing system
TPS’ Drives are currently installed with TPS High Speed Machines at: